"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Boldly Going... and Going... and Going...

I really had no intention of doing this all so quickly, but I finished another project this week that's near and dear to my heart. Therefore I must share. My buddy Tony Healey is getting to be a permanent fixture around here, with good reason. I love the way he writes. Even if he didn't pay me to read his work, I would. Editing him is simply a bonus associated with my awesome job.

So I am filled with pride to be able to say that we've completed another project together. This one, unlike the rest, is actually the first in a twelve part series entitled Far From Home. Installment number one, Legend, went live on Smashwords and Amazon on Friday, August 10, a full ten days ahead of schedule.

Far From Home is set in the same literary universe as his previous novel The Stars My Redemption, but it's not a sequel. I'm not privy to all of the plans Tony has for the series, nor do I want to be. I prefer to experience a first read of an author's work the same way most readers do: ignorant of any writerly intent. That said, I can't wait to see Volume 2: Commander.

I've gushed enough. If you'd like to see what all the fuss is about, take a run over to Smashwords and download a FREE copy of Legend. And if you're so inclined, Tony and I would be eternally grateful if you would inform Amazon that you got it cheaper elsewhere. (Due to contractual obligations, writers must charge at least .99 per copy for books unless they are part of Amazon's KDP Select program.) By informing them, you'll help us to ensure that this volume will be available for free there as well.

THEN pop over to Tony's website for news and information about the series including updates regarding availability of future volumes.

While you're at it, we'd also love to have you post a review.

What? You'd like to read my review? It's right below the cover art, just scroll down.


I know it's bad form for someone who's directly involved with a book to write review, but I assure you, I am an editor, not a ghost writer.

I'm also already quite attached to its characters. I love that the main character is female. That she's strong but vulnerable. That she's got a depth of which we catch glimpses and discover bit by bit.

While it's intended to be the stage-setter for a continuing saga, this book is so much more than that. Legend begins in battle and carries you through the toughest few days this crew has ever faced. It's fast paced, emotional, full of surprises, and very well written.

Most important: it's squeaky clean. Created for an intelligent reader from teen to infinity, this book, and I expect this series, is wholly satisfying on multiple levels.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment