"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Payback's Not Always a . . . (You Know the Rest)

Big Girl Dish Cloth

I've been meaning for a while to give a great big shout out to someone who is at least partially responsible for much of the traffic on this blog: Rachel from Crochet Pattern Central. Rachel spends hours every week finding and posting links to FREE crochet patterns, answering emails, and keeping her site running. Crochet Pattern Central has had over eight million (wow) unique visitors since it's creation in December of 2003. The truly amazing thing is that Rachel does it all for free. She charges nobody for any of her hard work, not the users who search her sites for patterns, not the designers who post them, nobody. Why? I can only guess. I haven't interviewed her for this post. I just wanted to give her some well deserved recognition.

Big Girl Towel and Pot Holder
(while under construction)
Whenever I post a new free pattern here on the blog, I email Rachel and let her know. Within days, my link is on her site and the page in question is viewed hundreds of times. A stat I find mind boggling is that my humble little blog has had a little over 53,000 page views since I started it about a year ago. Almost 30,000 of those views came directly from Crochet Pattern Central. So do me a favor: The next time you're over at CPC searching for free crochet patterns for your next project, drop Rachel an email to thank her for all she does. And, if you find it in your heart to leave a donation while you're there. . .awesome.

Rachel, from the bottom of my yarn bag, thank you.

Happy (free) Crocheting!

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this post....you're making me blush! Thank you so much for your kind words. -Rachel of CPC

    ReplyDelete