Yes! We're at it again. The Kindle All-Stars are now accepting submissions for our second anthology, working title KAS1.5. If you are interested in submitting a piece for consideration, all the information you need is below. If you have any questions, you may leave them in the comments section or email me at the address below.
|proceeds will benefit Worldreader.org|
All submissions should be sent to Laurie Laliberte at KindleAllStars@gmail.com.
This is a YA oriented collection that WILL be distributed to school children in Africa as part of a larger project called Worldreader.
Proceeds will benefit Worldreader.
Keep it clean. Absolutely no profanity will be allowed.
We're looking for about 10-15 never before published short stories fewer than 20 pages in length.
1. ONE space after each word, comma, or semicolon
2. TWO spaces after a period, question mark, exclamation point or colon
3. ZERO spaces between words and dashes or hyphens
4. QUOTATION MARKS are " NOT '
' should only be used for apostrophe and a quote within a quote
5. PARAGRAPH INDENTS should be a single tab (or auto-indent) with no extra spaces and should not be made using spaces at all--check every indent in your story
6. PARENTHESES are to be used as per this example: (keep calm and carry on) notice there are no spaces between the parentheses and the letters
7. PROOFREAD your own submission after its final edit is approved
8. LANGUAGE--if you would normally write in the Queen's English, submit your story in the Queen's English, otherwise submit it in American English
9. FONT should be Calibri set at 12 pts, double spaced
* If your version of WORD does not have Calibri, use Times New Roman
10. BREAKS should have no extra empty lines and should be separated with ***
11. ALIGNMENT should be to the left, not justified--please do not center your title or your byline
** ALL DOCUMENTS should be in .doc or .docx format and double-spaced
Initial submissions that do not meet the guidelines may be declined.
Final submissions that do not meet the guidelines will be declined.
Please also provide the following:
--a clear photograph
--a 2 to 3 sentence bio that follows the formatting guidelines already discussed and written in third person
--any relevant links including your twitter, website and/or blog, goodreads profile, etc
March 2--submissions deadline
April 6--final edits due
April 20--manuscript to formatting
Target to go live is mid May, some time between Mother's Day and Memorial Day.
DO NOT ASK REPEATEDLY WHETHER WE HAVE A PUBLICATION DATE. THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS "NO."
Make sure your submission is as publication-ready as possible. We will not be doing line edits. It would behoove you to have an editor/proofreader look at your submission before you send it even if that's just another writer friend.
You will also be expected to assist in promotion of sales for the anthology both pre- and post-publication via social networking channels including twitter, facebook, goodreads, google+ and any other forums you normally use to promote your own work.
Your assistance will be requested to recruit beta readers to read and post reviews.
If you choose to become further involved in the Kindle All-Stars community, and would like to share contact information with other members, please let us know. This information will only be shared with other KAS members.