"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Sneak Peek... In Pictures

I was really hoping today to be able to make the big announcement, but things don't always go according to plan. That's okay, we drop back and punt. Instead, I'll hand you a sneak peek at the upcoming release of my first crochet pattern book. The book, titled Quick Crochet for Kitchen and Bath will include a total of twelve patterns from three of my collections. Scroll down for pictures of all twelve. (squee!)

For at least the first 90 days the book will be available exclusively on Amazon. It will be offered in mobi format for Kindle and in print. Because of this, I'll have to pull the patterns from Etsy and Ravelry, so below the photos, I'll share with you a clearance bonus going on in my Etsy shop right now.

 your first look at the cover by Glendon Haddix of Streetlight Graphics
the bread basket collection
the X-Factor collection
the Dominoes collection

The various parts of what has become Quick Crochet for Kitchen and Bath were mostly gone from my Etsy shop, but there were still five listings that would need to be pulled. I decided to move those five listings to a CLEARANCE section and change them to include all twelve patterns. Until they sell, or the book's release, the listings will be available at the mobi (Kindle) price. They will not be Kindle files; they will be pdf files.

You will receive all twelve patterns, in the pdf format, for $4.99. If you were to buy those separately, the way I've sold them in the past, you would pay $22.44. That's the bundle price, not the individual pricing. So, if you prefer pdf files, grab them now (all 12 for $4.99). I have not yet decided whether I will make the pdf files available again after my 90 days with Amazon is done. That will depend on how the e-book does.

The print edition is a separate entity and will not be affected. In fact, it's possible the print edition will be available in a few local yarn shops in the near future. Regardless, my blog will feature a link direct to the book as soon as Amazon has it. Most likely the print edition will be available first.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! The book looks gorgeous! I didn't realize you were doing a print edition as well! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg! Glendon Haddix at Streetlight Graphics does most of my pal Bernard Schaffer's book covers, so the choice to use him for this was a no brainer.

    We're still working on the interior, but I have faith. In fact, while I was in the middle of writing this blog post, I received the second proof. I had to pretend it wasn't in my email just to get the post done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I pulled this collection together because they're my three favorite designs. If all goes well, I'll be putting out 3-4 more books by the end of the year.

      Delete