"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Sunday, March 10, 2013

#amediting #amwriting #amforgetful


Wow. The past few weeks have been a flurry of activity. Even more than usual.

I moved...again...into what I hoped would be a more permanent location. Wrong. (I'll be moving once more pretty soon.)

I've been editing like a demon with my butt on fire. I think I've published five books in the past three weeks as I also try to work on another project that is so sorely behind I think the author is going to skewer me.

I'm looking at ghost writing three novels/novellas myself this year. Yeah, about that: I've never wanted the spotlight, so finding an opportunity to ghost write under an already-established pen name allows me to flex my writing muscles without having to claim credit. Perfect!

I'm also exploring the possibility of doing more developmental editing work. That would mean I'd be much more involved in the plotting and planning of the book. You see, I personally lack that discipline that a really great novel requires of its writer, but the quality of my writing (IMHO) is top notch. So I can bring to the table a voice, while a writing partner can bring the story and flow.

So when I come to you with my tail between my legs and humbly beg your forgiveness for forgetting to write a post, please remember this one and follow this link so you may see what I've been up to. It will take you to Amazon where you can see a (partial) list of my projects, both as a writer and as an editor.

Happy Reading!

Please remember that Carnival of Cryptids is live.
All proceeds will be donated to the National Center for  Missing and Exploited Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment