"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Coming Soon


I am so beyond excited right now! Just a few short hours ago, I sent the photo files off to the graphic designer who is handling my (drum roll please) first book of crochet patterns.

Okay, okay. Truth be told, I'm scared to death, but read that quote at the top of the page. I said read it, doggone it! I'll wait.

I'd be a big old hypocrite if I let my fear stop me. The e-book version will be exclusive to Amazon and formatted only for the Kindle, but it's possible the print version could appear in a local yarn store or two in the very near future.

I've had some queries recently from yarn shops who were interested in selling my patterns. The most serious wanted me to have them printed so they could sell them. Truth be told, I'm not equipped to do something like that the right way at a sensible price, so I declined the offer. It would have cost me, rather than made me, money. That's probably not the best way to do business. So I finally took the plunge into publishing thanks to a kick in the tail from my good friend Bernard.

Teen Agents in
The Plundered Parent Protocol
by Joshua Unruh
Okay, so what else is happening? Well, within the next two weeks you'll be looking at a book giveaway on the blog. I've alluded to it a few times, but the details are pretty much set. I'm just waiting for a definite date from my pal Josh. Click the caption below the book cover and check it out on Amazon.

Josh will be giving away print copies of the book to celebrate the print release. I have to admit, I haven't had time to read all of it yet, but if it's half as good as the rest of Josh's work, we're all going to love it. While you're there, grab an e-copy of Josh's "Hob Lesatz for Hire." It was the first thing I read by him and I fell hard for his writing style. If you like noir, or Harry Dresden, you'll thoroughly enjoy Hob Lesatz. I must confess I have a bit of a crush on him (Hob, not Josh).

Heck, why not grab a copy of the Kindle All-Stars anthology, Resistance Front too? That way you'll be able to read Josh's other Hob Lesatz story as well. Each of those two will cost you less than a buck and the proceeds from Resistance Front go to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

And since I must tease, a look ahead on the Blog: I had a crazy idea back in December for National Poetry Month. Some of you may or may not know or recall that I love poetry. And I write horrible poetry, but I don't let that stop me. Last year, I did a tribute to some of my favorite poems and poets. This year I thought I'd invite a few of my Kindle All-Stars pals to contribute a poem or two and maybe share a few of those poems with you.

Huh. Apparently when La Consigliera (that's my KAS nickname. . .long story) makes a request, stuff happens, because my mailbox was suddenly full of poems and "what do you need"s. I even received a piece from someone who I never, ever, in a million years, expected to even reply to my email. That one's my favorite, not because it's the best, but because I was touched. So you can expect an April that's chock full with an all out poetry slam.

Last, I really should apologize for some confusion. I got more than one panicked email this week from my dear followers asking why I'd pulled my blog. Most of you have probably figured out that there were broken links all over the place. I switched my blog address to better reflect me. AND because Big Girl Crochet is trademarked by someone else. There's also another Big Girl Blog out there, so I'm moving away from the whole thing and will eventually be giving up the name in favor of something else. Maybe I'll have a blog-naming contest. . .Now THERE'S a thought.

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the book! I am so so excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! I'm trying not to think about it (too nervous). I finally set up my Amazon author page, just need to dress it up. But I'm excited too.

      Delete