Hey all! Just in case you've been living under a rock since January, I thought I'd give a shout out to the KAS and any other writers who read the blog. Submissions for the latest anthology open October 1 and will be accepted throughout the month of October. The details are below. (I stole them right off the website.) Bernard and I look forward to reading your stories!
By the way, please remember we have a contest for the cover design as well. Submissions for the cover art should go to the same address. Details for the contest can be found here.
Submissions for the second Kindle All-Stars project will be open from October 1st to October 31st, 2012.
ALL of the following guidelines MUST be adhered to, or your story will be returned to you un-read.
THEME GUIDELINES FOR KAS 2
The theme for the second Kindle All-Stars Project is Cryptozoology.
Your story must pertain in some way to the list of cryptids found on this page.
Note: We are open to more than one story about the main cryptids (Bigfoot, Nessie, etc.) so do not be discouraged in submitting your work. That being said, there will be a limit to how many we take about one creature. Choose your cryptid wisely.
Just as with Resistance Front, all profits from this book will be donated to a designated charity. The charity will be announced closer to the book's release date.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR KAS 2
1. All submissions must be emailed to KindleAllStars@gmail.com with "KAS2" in the subject heading.
2. All submissions must be orginal, never-before-published works.
3. Word count: Maximum 6k words.
4. Format as follows:
- 12 point, Times New Roman font.
- Double spaced.
- Two spaces after every period. (Not negotiable. Don't try to convince El Presidente otherwise.)
- Microsoft Word .doc or .docx only
- Improperly formatted stories will not be accepted.
5. Only finished work will be accepted. Do not send rough drafts, first drafts, or story ideas. We are only accepting edited, proofread, finished pieces for KAS2.
*If you require editorial assistance, contact Laurie after you've read the KAS editorial services webpage.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE, and we look forward to seeing your work.
*Fair warning: It's too late to contact me for editorial assistance, but I may be able to hook you up with one of the associate editors if they have time to work with you between now and October 31. No, it's not a complementary service and no, editing by the service does not guarantee your submission will be accepted.