"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Sunday, April 14, 2013

succor by Courtney Cantrell

dont pick at that
momma said
youll make it bleed

i wont forget
curled up in the rocking chair listening
as you yearn to watch over me

i wont forget
vulnerable to your gentle hands
you knead the pain from my soul
heal my winter
break my fall
even as the black dogs of your despair nip at your vitals

i wont forget
sobbing the hollowness from my heart
into yours
and your eyes like the sky
wide
welcoming
filled with the softest storms
that cleanse and soothe

i wont forget
enveloped in your sweetest darkness
hidden held whole
heart brought back to life
raw and wild
beating mad with the knowledge of what can and cannot be

i wont forget
tinged with crimson or no
still the memories are warm
and i drink them.

Courtney Says:

Hi, I'm Courtney Cantrell, and I am bad at writing bios. I much prefer writing and publishing fantasy novels. One series is paranormal and the other is epic, by which I mean "grand and magic-driven and quest-filled," not "totally cool, dude." At courtcan.com, I blog about the writing life, various daily oddities, chocolate and coffee, and vorpal unicorn morphing powers. Those are real. I have the blog post to prove it. I also have a husband and a daughter and a cat. And a quotes collection.

Blog: courtcan.com
Twitter: @courtcan
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Courtney-Cantrell-Author/137603379646899


No comments:

Post a Comment