"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Favorite Employee: Michael Buble


Dad was a huge fan of various styles of music that fall under the umbrella we call Jazz.  You name it, his record collection had it, mostly latin and swing/big band.  Ella, Billie, Nat, Sarah, Mel.....sigh.  Along with most of his facial features, I inherited that love, but even more so.  I also adore zydeco, blues, and fusion, and I've never met a torch song I didn't love. Anyhow, a while back, I discovered Pandora.com which allows listeners to create their own channels.  I've got about ten channels that suit my many musical moods, but my choice today is the one I named the "Lizard Lounge."

As I posted last week, I've been pouring almost every waking moment into developing, writing, and posting new patterns which can be extremely frustrating when you live in a house with three wonderful, but rambunctious, children.  Late this afternoon, in a desperate attempt to finish editing, translating, and posting my most recent creation amidst the chaos, I put in my earbuds, turned on Pandora, took a deep breath and just allowed the music to wash over me.  As I listened to Michael Buble croon "Everything," I did exactly what we so often forget to do:   I lived for just that one moment.   Nothing else mattered; nothing else existed, just me, my laptop, and Michael Buble.  For those few minutes I let go of everything and found something very close to what yogis call "bliss."  That was just the reminder I needed to stop and smell the roses, to tell the people I love that I love them because I may never get the chance again.

Just do it; take a risk.....LIVE  My favorite movie quote is from Auntie Mame, "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death."  (Of course, my second favorite is, "Black coffee and a sidecar, Auntie needs fuel.")  Thanks to the "Lizard Lounge," Michael Buble, and Frank Sinatra, I finished this evening what I started this morning and, to quote another favorite artist, Rob Gonzalez, "all is right with the world."

Namaste.


1 comment:

  1. I love Pandora. So awesome that you got your moment to just relax!!

    ReplyDelete